Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blogging... post frequency

Most any blogging tip site will tell you to post frequently. That is one of the best ways to get people to come back to your blog. This is the experience of other bloggers and it is also my own experience. Way back when I started a blog about a certain upcoming gaming device. I was only 14 so, as you can imagine, the quality wasn't stellar. But I posted... And posted... and posted. I posted all the noteworthy (and maybe some un-noteworthy) news I could find. I didn't do much in the way of driving traffic to my site, just a few affiliates. But the traffic shot up. I watched with glee as the unique hits went into the hundereds, then into the thousands. Admittedly, the average age of the users visiting was probably around my own but I gained a lot of loyal users.

But here I am now. I'm not running that blog any more. I am loaded with school. I am trying to develop a pretty ambitious web app. I don't have very much time to do blogging research and posting. Its a dilemma but I'm going to try to do a little better. My goal will be one post a day. Once I master that, I'll go for two. This blog needs a little more activity (see screenshot below).